Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gaga for Pooka


Owner and Founder Dawn Fitch and I at Pooka.

I am gaga for Pooka, one of New Jersey's premiere body boutiques that provide's what they call "pure and simple" body products. It runs the gamut from body butters, to soaps, hair butters and lip glosses. Pooka's goal is to have your skin feel soft and luxurious from head to toe. Not to mention the products smell good too.

Dawn Fitch is the woman behind the "ultimate bath and body experience." Since creating Pooka Fitch has been featured in Black Enterprise and has even written her own book titled Moving Through Open Doors that chronicles the "accidental" entrepreneur.

She says her line of body products were born out of her love for aromatherapy and good health. As a kidney transplant recipient I can understand her strive for good health. Since my transplant I have made a more conscience effort to be more aware of not only what I put in my body but what I put on it.
I had the privilege of trying out Pooka's shea body butter in guava mango as well as its hair butter and hair nectar.

 The body butter is thick but goes on smooth and gives off just the right amount of fragrance. It left my skin feeling soft and hydrated a day after putting it on. And you don't need to apply much, thhe heat from your hands allows the butter to melt like silky oil. As for the hair butter it provides the same amazing values as body counter part giving the coiff a nice sheen without being greasy. The hair nectar is a rosemary scented oil that stimulates and tantalizes the scalp, leaving it well nourished.

For more information about Pooka and its products, visit www.pookapureandsimple.com. And if you would like to visit its location, it can be found on 87 Halsey Street in Newark, NJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment